What is the Textbook Exchange?
The Students' Union Textbook Exchange is a great way to buy and sell used textbooks. It is a valuable service that can be utilized by all students on the Lethbridge, Calgary or Edmonton campus.
Students who utilize the service will fall into one of two categories: buyer or seller. The goal of the buyer is to find textbooks (by title, author, or ISBN) and have an easy way to contact the seller to arrange the transaction. The online textbook exchange does not facilitate an on-line auction or currency exchange; instead its main goal is to put buyers and sellers in contact with one another where they can independently arrange a time and place for the transaction to take place.
To access the Textbook Exchange please click HERE.
How To Use the Textbook Exchange
Creating and using your login account
- Click HERE to access the Textbook Exchange.
- Request access by filling in your U of L email address, read then check the disclaimer box. Your password will be emailed to you immediately.
- You may then Login by entering your email address and your password.
Buying a book
- If you want to buy a book please choose the campus that suits your needs, and then fill in the specific book title or a key word into the search field.
- Click the search button.
- From there you have two options; either to "ask a question" or to "buy". If you type something in either of the fields your email will go directly to the person selling the book, please include your contact information. Remember to type in the security code that is provided before you click on "send".
Selling a book
- If you are selling a book please click on the "sell" button and choose "submit a listing".
- From there simply complete the form and click "save listing" when you are done.
- If you want to change the information on your listing or to remove your listing once the book is sold, you can click on "manage listing" and make the appropriate changes.
- Please answer all emails you recieve from people inquiring about your book. If your book is sold and you recieve emails before you have removed your book from the website, please be courteous and let them know it has been sold so they are not waiting for your reply.
If you have any questions about this service please contact Susan by email email@example.com.